Cream City Foundation Scholarship for SE Wisconsin Students
May 9, 2016
Cream City Foundation Board of Directors are pleased to announce that the Foundation will award $12,500 in scholarships to five LGBTQ+ and allied students for the 2016 -2017 academic year. Please share this announcement with your constituencies and individuals who may benefit. This flyer can be sent with your communications and printed for posting.
The online application for 5, $2,500 scholarships is now open through June 15, 2016 at www. CreamCityFoundation.org.
No late applications are accepted.
Award selection announced July – August 2016.
The LGBTQ+ Scholarship program recognizes and supports lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer + and straight student leaders in Southeastern Wisconsin. Scholarships can be used for any post-secondary education at the undergraduate, graduate, professional, or post-graduate level.
About Cream City Foundation and the LGBTQ+ Scholarship Program
The Cream City Foundation has provided more than 34 years of service as Southeastern Wisconsin’s LGBTQ+ Community Foundation, mobilizing the philanthropic resources necessary to proactively address the human rights and needs of the community. It provides grant dollars to many organizations and projects that are working to support the wellbeing of LGBTQ+ people.
Through the generosity of BMO Harris Bank, Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek, S.C., and other donors, the Cream City Foundation is pleased to offer up to five scholarships for students in Southeastern Wisconsin who exhibit exceptional commitment to the LGBTQ community.
Scholarship applicants may have the opportunity to interview for internship opportunities at the businesses that support this scholarship.
This is not a renewable scholarship, although recipients are welcome to re-apply.
- Southeastern Wisconsin residency
- Graduated from a high school in Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Sheboygan, Walworth, Washington, or Waukesha County; or
- Have lived in Wisconsin at least one year prior to application deadline; or
- Are attending an accredited Wisconsin post-secondary institution in Kenosha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Racine, Walworth, Washington, or Waukesha County.
- LGBTQ+ community involvement
- Primary consideration is given to students who are self-identified LGBTQ, members of LGBTQ families, or straight allies.
- Preference is further given to students with demonstrated commitment to public service that has been dedicated to equality, human rights, and social justice for all people, with particular emphasis on efforts within the LGBTQ community.
- Students who have not had an opportunity to participate in these types of activities, but who demonstrate a desire to be supportive of these opportunities and goals in the future, will also be considered for the scholarship.
- Pursuing post-secondary education
- Students must either be enrolled and in good academic standing at an accredited post-secondary institution, or plan to enroll in such an institution in the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Students must be pursuing undergraduate, professional, graduate, technical, or vocational program degrees.
- Full-time enrollment is required for undergraduate students.
- Part-time minimum enrollment (6 credits) is required for professional, graduate and postgraduate students, with at least 6 credits earned in degree program prior to application.
Requirements to apply:
Online application, one letter of recommendation.
Learn more and apply at www.CreamCityFoundation.org