GSAFE’s 2021 Youth Scholarship Application Now Available
The GSAFE Youth Scholarship awards up to four high school seniors $1000 each. The recipients of these awards will have demonstrated a commitment to promoting just and respectful schools for all, with an emphasis on lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer students and topics (LGBTQ+). This scholarship is open to all Wisconsin high school seniors, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity/expression. We especially encourage youth of color and trans youth to apply.
Examples of student activities that might bring an applicant to the attention of GSAFE include, but are not limited to, an LGBTQ+ student or ally who has:
- Demonstrated leadership in the school community.
- Worked to improve their community.
- Promoted racial, trans, gender, and/or educational justice.
- Faced and sought to overcome obstacles related to LGBTQ+ topics.
- Helped form, continue, or build a GSA or an educational justice or similar club.
- Consistently included LGBTQ+ materials in their coursework.
- Actively participated in community efforts involving LGBTQ+ topics.
Requirements for the Youth Scholarship
- Graduating High School Senior
- Resident of Wisconsin
- Completion of enclosed application
- Two letters of recommendation. One recommendation must be written by a member of your school staff. Letters of recommendation may be submitted by mail, email, or online. Letters do not need to be submitted at the same time as the student portion of the application.
- If awarded scholarship: Typically, we require in-person attendance at our annual Celebration of Leadership Awards Ceremony in Madison on June 26th, 2021. Due to the ongoing pandemic we ask that you keep the date reserved to attend virtually, if not in person. We are working with city and county health departments as well as banquet venue to plan a safe and accessible event.
Application Deadline: All applications must be received or postmarked by March 15, 2021 and will be kept confidential. Announcement will be made April 2021.
Applications may be submitted in the following ways:
- Download the application in Word or PDF and submit via email or mail Attn: Awards Committee, GSAFE, 122 E Olin Ave, Ste 100, Madison, WI 53713.
- Fill out the application online. We recommend downloading the full scholarship application first so you can view the questions and prepare your responses before submitting online.
Scholarship applications will not be considered complete until two recommendation letters have been received.
For further information call (608) 661-4141 or email email@example.com.
Incoming search terms:
- https://gsafewi org/gsafes-2018-youth-scholarship-application-now-available/
- scholarship for transgender gsa leader