These were just some of the words shared by one of our youth leaders as he described the impact GSAFE’s youth leadership programming had on him. By developing the leadership of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, and allied youth, we are helping students build stronger skills to run their student clubs, analyze systems of power, privilege, and oppression, and form connections with other LGBTQ-identified youth. Today’s LGBTQ+ youth are leading the way in creating just schools for all youth!
In addition to developing youth leadership, GSAFE also supports over 200 Gay-Straight Alliances across Wisconsin, trains educators and other school staff on how to create a supportive environment for LGBTQ youth, and continues to support school districts as they update their policies to protect transgender students from discrimination. Our Foundations of Leadership course, which is in its third year, continues to lift up the experiences of LGBTQ+ youth of color, and our New Narrative project has been highlighted in numerous media outlets for its innovative approach to supporting youth who are incarcerated. We are excited to keep moving this intersectional work forward so we can deepen our impact and build relationships across issues and communities – which we see as essential to creating schools where ALL LGBTQ students can thrive.
With your support, GSAFE can continue to develop the leadership of youth, educational staff, and families to create schools where LGBTQ students can thrive all across Wisconsin.
Your gift can help us achieve the following:
- With $10, GSAFE can send a “Welcome!” packet to a new GSA, which includes some Safe Zone stickers, a GSA advisor handbook, and a couple of posters that students can hang around the school.
- With $25, GSAFE can buy some healthy and tasty snacks for our Youth Leadership Board, the amazing group of high school students that comes to our office every week and helps us develop our programming for other students.
- With $50, GSAFE can rent a car and spend a day in Milwaukee connecting with GSAs and club advisors.
- With $100, GSAFE can buy folders and print the materials we need for our annual LGBTQ Youth of Color Leadership Conference.
- With $200, GSAFE can totally cover the cost of one student attending our four-day Leadership Training Institute.
Your support is vital to GSAFE’s work. Will you make a gift to GSAFE today?
Thank you for helping to build the next generation of LGBTQ leaders!