This Wednesday, February 5th is National GSA Day!
Our good friends to the southwest, Iowa Pride Network, started National Gay-Straight Alliance day a few years ago to honor and celebrate the impact that GSAs are having on our schools and communities.
Here at GSAFE, we often get asked “What do GSAs do exactly?” We think that National GSA Day could be a great opportunity to show our supporters and our communities what GSAs do through Facebook and Twitter.
If you are a GSA and want to get involved, send me an email to Tim Michael at email@example.com with one or more of the following:
- Three or four sentences about what your club is working on or has worked on this year.
- A photo of your members, or a photo of a project or event you organized.
- A quote from a GSA student, GSA advisor, or your school principal about the impact your GSA is having on your school.
- Two or three sentences sharing your GSA’s ideas about what YOU think it means to have “safe schools for all students.”
- Anything else you want folks to know about GSAs!
Throughout the day on Wednesday, we will share what you send through Facebook and Twitter. If your GSA has its own Facebook page, let us know and we can link to it so that you can get more “likes”, too!
Make sure you’re connected to GSAFE through Facebook and Twitter so you can see all the updates:
If you have any questions about GSA Day, you can visit their website at www.gsaday.org.
We hope to hear from you!