GSAFE's Commitment to Racial & Gender Justice
GSAFE has committed to making concrete changes in our organizational policies, practices, and culture to become a multiracial, trans*-inclusive racial and gender justice organization.
Note: Trans* is an umbrella term that refers to all of the identities within the gender identity/expression spectrums, including transgender, genderqueer, gender fluid, gender non-conforming, two-spirit, agender, etc.
- Integrating racial and gender justice into our existing programs,
- Developing programs focused on building the leadership of LGBTQ youth of color and trans* youth,
- Engaging in racial and gender justice advocacy,
- Becoming a multiracial, trans*-inclusive racial and gender justice organization with people of color and trans* people in leadership at all levels of our Board of Directors and staff structures, and
- Building collaborative relationships with people of color-led and trans*-led racial and gender justice organizations.
We recognize that this work is not easy; it is an ongoing process and we are an organization in transition. At the same time, we recognize that this work is critical to ensuring that all LGBTQ youth can thrive, we are committed to this transformative process, and we seek to hold ourselves accountable to communities of color and trans* communities.
As GSAFE continues to move forward with the important work of becoming a multiracial, trans*-inclusive racial and gender justice organization, we are committed to remaining focused on the overarching vision and mission that guide our work. It is also important to honor the work already done as well as the work yet to come.