Building strong youth leadership is core to creating school communities where all LGBTQ youth and students thrive. Youth develop their leadership through:
- Our Youth Leadership Board, a group of Dane County youth leaders who help guide and implement our programming as well as participate in more in-depth youth leadership curriculum
- Our multi-day youth leadership “camp”, the Leadership Training Insitute
- Foundations of Leadership
- Our annual LGBTQ Youth Of Color Leadership Conference, which brings together LGBTQ and ally youth of color
- Our GSA Conferences and Statewide Conference on LGBT Youth which focus on Gay-Straight Alliances in particular but also include general youth leadership training
Our programming includes public health education and HIV prevention, student leadership development, LGBTQ competency, anti-bullying/anti-violence education, and understanding and learning to challenge all discrimination.
Over 500 students are affected directly and over 5,000 students statewide are affected by their peers through the training of student leaders who go back to their schools and work to create a safer school environment. Youth leaders from across the state are directly involved in planning and implementing many of our leadership programs.
Incoming search terms:
- developing youth leadership
- gsafe rice lake