Sign Up for a Spring GSA Advisor Training!
GSAFE, with the support of the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, is pleased to offer a series of GSA advisor trainings this spring! Gay-Straight Alliances/Gender-Sexuality Alliances, commonly known as GSAs, support the health, well-being, and academic success of LGBTQ+ students.
The training is open to current and incoming middle school and high school advisors of GSAs and similar clubs. School districts interested in helping form clubs are particularly encouraged to attend!
This is a great chance to connect with and build a stronger network among GSA advisors. Plan now to attend one of three trainings offered around the state:
- April 24th – Green Bay, 8:30AM to 2:30PM
- May 29th – Milwaukee, 8:30AM to 2:30PM
- May 30th – Eau Claire, 8:30AM to 2:30PM
Trainings will be flexible and responsive to participant needs. Potential topics include:
- Starting or restarting a student club
- Club leadership models and priority setting
- LGBTQ+ identity development and building leadership in youth
- Strategies that reduce school push out for LGBTQ youth of color and transgender youth
- Strategies for supporting LGBTQ+ students who are not attending/accessing GSA
- Supporting transgender and gender nonconforming students
- Interventions with youth at risk for self-harm
- Navigating obstacles and roadblocks
- Resource identification and application
- Building family acceptance
- Avoiding burn out and staying fresh as a club advisor
- And more!
Registration fee is $35.
For more information please contact Brian J.