GSAFE is Hiring!
Educational Justice Coalition Organizer
The Educational Justice Coalition Organizer will support the formation and work of a statewide Educational Justice Coalition. The coalition will consist of Wisconsin organizations which focus on youth leadership, organizing, and systemic change in education for youth of color, low-income youth, youth with disabilities, and/or LGBTQ youth. Specifically, the Educational Justice Coalition Organizer will:
- Build and/or strengthen relationships with current and potential Educational Justice Coalition members.
- Work with coalition members to plan, convene, and facilitate regular coalition meetings as well as formalize coalition goals, strategies, and work plan.
- Work with coalition members to develop and do community education for coalition members around a variety of educational justice issues, including protections for gender identity and expression in schools.
- Develop coalition action teams and goals and identify plans for implementation.
- Assist GSAFE staff in providing Educational Justice programming for youth and adults outside of the coalition as needed.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
Click EJCO Position Announcement – Final for more information on the position and how to apply. Applications must be received by 4pm on September 28, 2012
Tags: communications, development, intern, internship, rural, volunteer