Thank you to the many individuals and organizations who have worked to shape and prepare for our event. Your excitement and commitment to creating schools and communities where LGBTQ+ youth can thrive is amazing! We always look forward the learning and important community building that happens at this event.
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, we are postponing Safe Schools, Safe Communities: State Conference on LGBTQ+ Youth scheduled for March 16, 2020 at Madison College. As a staff we have been talking at length with our partners and monitoring developments and have decided to be proactive in practicing preventative steps to contain illness. The health and safety of students, school and community organization staff, volunteers, and presenters are our highest priority.
GSAFE recognizes the importance of coming together to learn and celebrate as a statewide community, and are seeking to reschedule at a time that feels safe and accessible. We will monitor the progression of COVID-19 over the upcoming weeks and will update you via email and our website with additional information.
Our plan is to hold your registration while we work to reschedule the event. However, we are happy to provide a full or partial refund as well. If you would like to request a refund please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will work to process refunds as quickly as possible. We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Online registration is now closed. Please contact the GSAFE office at (608) 661-4141 or email@example.com if you would like to inquire about late registration or to adjust your current registration.
Note: All middle school and high school youth participants much provide a completed SSSC20 Student Delegate Registration Form. The form must be signed by a parent or an adult guardian. Completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or turned in at registration on the day of the conference.
Note for Madison College Employees: These experiences may count towards the FQAS Continuing Professional Development requirement related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (or other FQAS continuing Professional Development. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Accessibility Accommodations, Dietary Restrictions and/or Allergies:
Please let us know how we can make Safe Schools, Safe Communities accessible to you! Request for sign or other language interpreters, real time captioning, Braille or electronic documents should be directed to Brian J. at firstname.lastname@example.org or (608) 661-4141. We will attempt to fulfill requests made two weeks before the conference but cannot guarantee they will be met.
In order to make SSSC20 accessible to all, we ask that participants refrain from using perfume, colognes, or other heavy scents. Additionally there will be all-gender bathrooms at the conference. Regardless of what bathroom you choose to use, please respect everyone’s right to use the bathroom. Each of us can decide for ourselves which bathroom we belong in.
If you’re Unable to Attend:
Contact us as soon as possible at (608) 661-4141, ext. 2 (or email email@example.com), if you are unable to attend SSSC20 as planned. Registration will be forfeited for non-attendance without notice. Please see our update on COVID-19 virus above in regards to cancellation.
If cancelling at least 10 days prior to event, you may:
- Transfer registration to another person.
- Receive a refund on your registration, less at 10% administrative fee.
If cancelling less than 10 days prior to event, you may:
- Transfer registration to another person.
|8:30AM||Welcome & Opening Session
Asaf Orr, National Center for Lesbian Rights
Madison Gender Equality Association
|12:45PM||Drag Queen Story Hour
Ryan Young, Keynote
|3:30PM||Closing and Prize Drawing|
This year’s scheduled workshops include:
- Madison’s Gender Support Guidance and the WILL Lawsuit
- Addressing LGBTQ+ Topics at the Elementary Level
- Starting a Kindness Movement with Your GSA
- But You’re Too Young: Conversations about coming out at an early age
- Gender Inclusive PE and Health Education
- Life After the GSA: Preparing LGBTQ+ Youth for the Transition to College
- Expressing Oneself through Art
- Consent Culture in the Classroom
- Banning Conversion Therapy: Fox Valley Case Studies
- Youth Activist, Faith & Spirituality
- Restorative Practices in Schools and Communities
- Protecting Student Dignity, Humanity & Safety through Gender Confidentiality
- Educating and Organizing Families: A pragmatic guide to social justice
- Processing with Proud Theater
- Changing Names & Gender Markers in Wisconsin
- How Parents and Schools can best support Transgender Youth
- Who Tells Your Story
- And more!
Conference Location, Directions, & Parking
Madison College is the location for Safe Schools, Safe Communities 2020.
Address: 1701 Wright Street, Madison, WI (Just minutes from Interstate 90 and the Madison Airport)
Parking information coming soon!
Incoming search terms:
- https://gsafewi org/events/statewide-conference-on-lgbt-youth/