GSAFE is Hiring a Racial Justice Youth Organizer!
Gay Straight Alliance for Safe Schools (GSAFE) is hiring a Racial Justice Youth Organizer to create, implement, and evaluate our new Madison Racial Justice Program. This program is focused on building the leadership of LGBTQ youth of color in Madison public high schools. Specifically, the Racial Justice Youth Organizer will:
- Teach a weekly leadership development class for 9th & 10th grade students of color who interested in LGBTQ and social justice issues.
- Develop a mentorship program, recruit and train mentors, and provide ongoing activities and support for 9th & 10th grade students of color who are interested in LGBTQ and social justice issues.
- Support a student organizing group (Youth Empowering Students/YES) in their efforts to build youth of color leadership in addressing the achievement gap.
- Work with students to plan an LGBTQ youth of color leadership conference annually.
- Participate in our annual Leadership Training Institute (LTI) four-day youth leadership camp.
- Work with students from the program to train student of color clubs on LGBTQ issues, in an effort to make more safe and supportive environments for LGBTQ youth of color.
To apply for this position, please send a GSAFE Job Application, resume, and cover letter to Key Jackson, email@example.com. Applications must be received by 4pm on November 22, 2013. GSAFE is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and transgender/gender non-conforming people encouraged to apply. For more details including a job description, please go to https://www.gsafewi.org/about-us/jobs-internships-volunteer-opportunities/